Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2003, 10:24 PM
Passenger

Default Babysitting on RCCL

Has anyone had a problem getting an in-cabin babysitter during their RCCL cruise? So far everyone who has posted on this board has not had any problems, but we just wanted a complete picture of the situation.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2003, 08:17 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Babysitting on RCCL

I would advise going to the guest relations desk on the day you embark and book your babysitting then to guarantee the availability. We were very pleased with the babysitter for our little guy last spring -- she got him to bed easier and earlier than we do!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 26th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Nicolas Poitras

Default Re: Re: Babysitting on RCCL

Luisa, may I ask how old was your son? We intend to cruise with our daughter who will be 7-month old in April. Wondering if we were pushing it a little too much!!!
Old January 29th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: Babysitting on RCCL

Hi Nicolas:
Glad to hear you're considering cruise with your infant. If you are planning on cruising with RCCL, however, the babysitting doesn't start until infants are one year old...
However, why don't you consider Disney Cruise Line? We cruised on DCL when my son was 7 months and enrolled him in the nursery for a number of times during our cruise. This is the only cruise line with nurseries for infants and toddlers. While you must pay an hourly fee, the personnel in the nursery were great. See my article on Disney's nursery posted on this section of the web site. There's also an article called "Bringing the baby" posted there which is general tips on cruising with a little one.
Let me know what you decide.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 30th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Babysitting on RCCL

We LOVED our babysitter - we had the same one every night from 8pm - 12am. She was young (early 20's?), from Costa Rica and had a great personality, we liked her immediately. She had a very easy job since our daughter (16 mths) was asleep every night before she got there!