Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2003, 09:45 PM
Passenger

Default ncl sea to bermuda w/ kids!!

hey! i will be going on the ncl sea w/ a large group- including a 2 year old, a 7 year old, a 9 year olds, and two thirteen year olds. first of all- has anyone ever been on this ship?? i have heard both good and bad about this ship-what's the deal??
also, i'm sure the younger kids will be fine, but how are the teen programs on the sea? is there a teen center?
btw, who's been to bermuda? is it going to be boring for the younger kids?
also, give the chocoholic details on the chocoholic buffet!!
thanks so much, ali
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ncl sea to bermuda w/ kids!!

haven't been on the ship, but have been to Bermuda. Bermuda is one of my favorite places to visit. Its very calm, restfull and untouristy. The beaches are beautiful, the shopping is nice, if anyone in your group golfs, Bermuda has some beautiful golf courses, some history in St. George. Its just a very pretty, neat and clean island. If you are there at night, what nightlife there is, is centered around the major hotels.
Old January 29th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: ncl sea to bermuda w/ kids!!

We cruised on NCL when my daughter was almost five years old. She had a great time -- the youth counselors were lots of fun. NCL is good for you since it's one of the only two cruise lines which accepts children as young as two years old in its youth program. As for the teens, since my daughter is now only 9, I don't have first hand advice. Maybe you want to post a message on the teen section of this message board to see if any teens who have sailed on NCL have any advice for your teens.
Bermuda is a lovely family destination -- swimming, snorkeling, botanical gardens, swim with the dolphins, maritime museum, etc.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor