Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2003, 08:06 PM
Default Norwegian Sun 3/15

We are travelling with our kids 11 and 13 year olds.
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Default Re: Norwegian Sun 3/15

What are the destinations. I cruised Sun last year but destinations could have changed. Nice ship, I would not say kid oriented like Carnival or RCCL. Specialty resturants wonderful, especially Italian and Le Bistro
Old February 10th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Default Re: Re: Norwegian Sun 3/15

The destinations are Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Georgetown Gran Cayman.
Old February 11th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Default Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Sun 3/15

Those were our destinations. In Roaton we did the all day beach. Beautiful. The food is not all that good at the what they call resort. You walk out about 20' and you can start snorkeling over all this beautiful coral. The director of the excursion will take you on a tour of the coral and point out the interesting types tell you about them. It was worth the money to us. My children really injoyed that. VERY POOR COUNTRY

BELIZE-We did the Shark Ray Alley. I was able to touch a sand shark. It was awesome. Same director of the excursion. It was 2 Americans. I thoroughly enjoyed that. They only drawback is the boat right to location. Its about 45 minutes to an hour. My husband next time he wanted to do the sting rays in Cayman. You can stand up and touch and feed the fish. Here the water is about 20-30 feet deep. You then leave and go to an island for lunch. Food was very good. Temptation Island was filmed somewhere on that Island. Once again very poor. Look into the cave tubing. I had friends who did that and really enjoyed. Only drawback-you have to lug and tube through the jungle for 45 minutes.

Cayman-We did the pirate ship-NO NO NO waste of money. I would not suggest the Atlantis Submarine their either-it was ok the nothing outstanding. My husband says sting rays.

Cozumel-Have been their several times. If interested do the Myan Ruins. We did the snuba. Enjoyed but once again coral nothing great but my son loved it. He was 16.
After that we walked around the port. Everyone yelling at you to buy their stuff. Not Chichen Itza to far for ruins. I wanted to do the 4x4 jeep ride.

If you would they were filming the excursion for the snuba(not scuba) on Cozumel when we did it. Would you look on the excursion and channel and see if they have anything on there. My son is 16 and my daughter 15 I think she was wearing an electric blue bathing suite trimmed in lime green. I have been trying to get a copy from NCL for 8 months. If you see a looser swimming up top that was me. My mask started leaking.

Any more questions email me at gaborn65@hotmail.com