Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2003, 11:35 AM
CarolannD

Default cheep summer cruise from NY for 6?

While cruising seems afordable for a family of four or five, it seems unapproachable for six!!! Paying for 2 rooms (4 full fares & 2 of the reduced fares) is high. Help!!!

We are a family of 6 (2 parents and four children between 7 & 15). We wanted to find a way to cruise by paying full fare (or adult fare) for only the 2 adults, and paying the "extra fare" for the 4 children.

Is there ANY way that a family of six can cruise without paying 4 FULL fares?
Is there a place to connect with other families and "share" the cost of another room for the "children who are over the limit" (even if they all stayed in their own family's room)?
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Luisa

Default Re: cheep summer cruise from NY for 6?

Carolann:
If you're looking for a cruise from NYC, why don't you look into Carnival or NCL to see if they have "family cabins" that sleep 6? Many of the new ships do have larger cabins that aren't as expensive as a suite.
Or, you may want to look into booking yourself, your husband and your two younger children into an outside cabin and then booking a cheaper, inside cabin right across the hall for your teenaged children. That way you get two bathrooms among the six of you, yet the inside cabin is much lower priced than your outside cabin. It also gives your teens a taste of freedom which allowing you a close watch on them.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 6th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jennyy
Default Re: cheep summer cruise from NY for 6?

hey carolann,

im going to be 16 in the summer and im from new york and my family and i are planning on going on a cruise to the carribean from new york. The cruise line is called Carnival which is great for kids and teens and the ship is the Legend which i've looked up and has great ratings for families. If you'd like please email and i'll answer any other questions
Old February 7th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: cheep summer cruise from NY for 6?

Carolann:
Here's another idea -- Regal Cruises has one smaller ship (about 1,000 people I think) that cruises to New England and Canada during the summer on cruises that range from four to 7 days. The Regal Empress is about as affordable as you can get since it's an older ship and there may be some cabins for larger families. They have a youth program for your kids too.
Let me know what you end up booking.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor