Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2003, 01:35 PM
camilleshoe

Default NCL or Carnival?

Okay.......one more question.....or two
Does anyone have an opinion on the choice between an NCL (we're looking into the Sun) vs. Carnival cruise with our little boys (ages 2.5 and 5.5). Also, if we chose Carnival, is cigarette smoke a big problem on the Inspiration? (i.e. should we chose the Paradise? Normally, smoke doesn't bother me unless its around constantly).
The prices we got for NCL are a bit more expensive - so I'm just wondering if the extra $$$ is worth it.
Also, what about the Norwalk virus. I saw in the news a ship got sick again last week. Are little ones any more susceptible than grown-ups? A couple of my mommy friends really pooh-poohed my idea of cruising this spring because of the virus . . . so I'm just wondering how others were feeling?
Thanks for helping!..............Camille
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Jacquelyn

Default Re: NCL or Carnival?

My family and I cruised the Sun last year. I think they have changed itineraries since then. I think your kids will probably be happier on Carnival. Sun is a very nice ship it just did not seem geared to children. My kids are 15 and 17. We are doing the southern carribbean this year with RCCL. You may want to look at them. The virus was on Celebrity and Disney. Your friends may be jealous they are not going. If any more questions please feel free contact me.
Old February 11th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: NCL or Carnival?

I'm the family cruise editor. We cruised on both NCL and Carnival when my daughter was around 6 years old and she liked both youth programs. The Carnival ships do have the spiral water slide which kids and teens like. Carnival also has great family activities to do with your kids. The main drawback is that I found the Carnival ship to be very smoky especially at night -- much more noticeable than on other ships. Maybe you want to look into the Paradise if smoke is a concern.
Let me know what you decide.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor