Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2003, 11:08 PM
ted

Default best alaska cruise for my family

I would like to get the advice about which cruise line is best for my alaska cruise with my family.(My wife ,6yrs boy,18months boy,me)
My 18months boy is makeing noises sometimes. That is one of our concern I can bring him with us or not. My wife and me afraid he bothers others at supper or relax time of others.
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Luisa

Default Re: best alaska cruise for my family

I'm the family cruise editor here. You may want to try Carnival Cruises in Alaska. They are very family friendly and people therefore wouldn't mind having a "noisy" toddler around. I know, I have a 16 month old son and he is rarely quiet! Your older child will enjoy Carnival's youth program which is free and has lots of fun activities for the kids. Carnival has group babysitting for your kids after 10 p.m. -- you bring them to the youth room and pay an hourly fee for the youth counselors to baby sit them.
Feel free to ask me any additional questions.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old March 5th, 2003, 06:00 PM
LdyDDS2

Default Re: Re: best alaska cruise for my family

IMHO you should put off Alaska until your kids are older. I have been cruising for many years with my kids and we waited until they were early teens for Alaska. Reason: you need to be at least 12 to participate in many of the "fun" side trips. With little kids all you have to do to entertain them is to take them to a nice beach or swimming pool. Alaska is too cold for that. There are sidetrips for kids and seniors but I think Alaska is a perfect place for teens.
Old March 6th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Re: Re: best alaska cruise for my family

Personally I'd have to agree about putting off Alaska with an 18 month old. Alaska cruises are very active itineraries with plenty of "adventure excursions" available. Taking along such a young toddler would certainly hinder the Alaska experince.

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/