Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Passenger

Default Single Parent-Triumph 4/12/03

Hi!

I am a single mom and I just booked our first cruise! I am so excited!

I would love to hear any tips from other single parents who have taken their children on a cruise AND it would be great to hear from someone else who will be sailing with us on Carnival Triumph 4/12/03.

I selected a cruise because I wanted a great family vacation as well as a wonderful time (both fun and relaxation) as a single woman.

Booked a "family" oceanview on the spa deck and requested early dining.

Any thoughts??

Liza
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Single Parent-Triumph 4/12/03

I'm the family cruise editor. I think as a single parent you picked the perfect family vacation. You'll get some time for yourself when the kid(s) are in the youth program along with great family time. It's a luxury to have your meals cooked, shore excursions, etc. taken care of for a change! What is the age/ages of your child(ren)? Carnival has a fun youth program and a number of family activities (craft night, name that tune party, etc.) that you'll enjoy.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old February 27th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Great choice! I'm a single Mom, and my son and I took our first cruise over New Year's 2001-2002. It was fabulous, we loved it so much we're booked on our second cruise over spring break in 3 weeks on the Pride. The Camp Carnival program is great, my son (now 9) was begging to go back after his first afternoon. I'd have some time on my own to do the art auctions, check out the shops, lay in the sun and read a good book or people watch, etc. Also, the camp program is open until 10:00 p.m. for free, and after that there is an hourly charge, and the kids have a great movie time/slumber party. My son went New Year's Eve so I could celebrate with new found friends. There's usually some sort of singles party at the start of the cruise to get to know other singles. Then you get family time on shore tours, and Camp Carnival also has family games (such as scavenger hunts) during days at sea. All in all, its the best of both worlds. Have a great cruise!
Old March 2nd, 2003, 05:28 PM
mordenel

I'm a single Mom as well and will be taking my 7 yr old on our first cruise (as a non traditional family) in April. We went as a family with spouse a couple of yrs ago, but for all the time he spent chasing young girls, I may as well have been single. I ended up doing my shore excursions on my own with child, and its not a big deal. Just stay with the crowd, and don't wander too far off the beaten track. Everyone on board was so friendly, I am looking forward to doing this cruise for pure fun with my child, and no excursions to heartache land.
Old September 11th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Carlette

i am a travel/cruise agent and i think you made a good chocie. I am in the process of trying to organize Single Parent Cruise as my number one clientele, will keep you in mind for future cruises...
have fun!