Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2003, 12:06 PM
rania hammoud

Default 2 toddlers and 1 infant on carnival cruise (Paradise)

My husband and I just booked a 7 day cruise on the smoke free ship Paradise. We have gone before on carnival for our honeymoon, however this time we are going for the first time with our children (ages 3, 4, and 4 months). We figured a cruise would be less of a hassle to travel with three little ones, especially a smoke free one. I really want to make the best of this trip and wondered if there are any other parents who have sailed before with children this young. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2003, 09:51 AM
Luisa

Default Re: 2 toddlers and 1 infant on carnival cruise (Paradise)

Dear Rannia:
I'm the family cruise editor here. We just got back from a Holland America cruise -- it was my 9 year old's 13th cruise and my toddler's third! Therefore, I agree that cruising is a great family vacation. The staff on the ship are so helpful with kids. Your 3 and 4 year old can participate in the youth program (Carnival youth counselors change diapers if that's an issue with you). There are some select hours when the counselors will also watch your infant in their group babysitting. They'll let you know the hours when you get aboard ship.
Why don't you read the article I wrote on Bringing the Baby for some tips on packing, etc. when cruising with an infant/toddler. Feel free to ask add'l q's.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:44 PM
Mikey Sr.

Default Re: 2 toddlers and 1 infant on carnival cruise (Paradise)

My wife and I took our 2 and 3 year old on the Paradise back in 2000 and loved her. The programs are great and we are looking at rebooking this ship for our tenth wedding aniversary.