Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:19 AM
Beginner

Default Older kids question

I have a 19yo and a 22yo -- They had a blast on the last two Carnival cruises we went on but I'm worried that Royal Carribean is to "Adult" for them. Does anyone know if there are any discos or dance clubs on the Brilliance Of The Seas that would fit the 18 to early 20's age group? I have read that Royal Carribean caters more to younger kids and adults, and I don't want to book the trip and have them left with no where to hang out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, this is really the only thing I'm worried about.
-- Chris
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Older kids question

Hi Chris,
No, I think both young adults will find plenty to do and place to hang out in, you'll love Brilliance, its a beautiful shop! When are you going?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Older kids question

Thanks for the response.
-- So the nightlife (clubs and things) do cater to 18 - 22 year olds? That's great to hear.

We will be doing one of the mediteranian sailings in early August most likely. Can't wait to see the ship (and Eastern Europe of course).

-- Chris
Old May 30th, 2003, 12:13 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Older kids question

We did a Princess Mediterranean cruise last August, when our kids were 13 and 18. It was a fabulous cruise and our best family holiday yet. Meeting other people her age was a bit of a problem for our daughter - fortunately I had hooked up online with two families with kids her age (both boys!), and she hung out with them, but it wasn't until almost of the end of the 12 days that they found out that there were quite a number of 18-20 year olds on board. They are at an awkward age - too young for the disco and too old for the teen program. She had a great time anyway, and wouldn't have wanted any organized activities, but I wish that Princess had just suggested a meeting place the first night for similar age people so they could have found each other. I have heard that other lines do this.
Sheila
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:01 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Older kids question

Dear Sheila:
Thanks for your input -- what a good suggestion that lines should set up a meeting spot for the 18 to 21 year olds. I'll make sure I put that in one of my articles sometimes so that the cruise lines read it.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old June 19th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Older kids question

do they do anything like that on the millennium?
Becky