Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:09 PM
doberlady

Default Kids Meals

Hi,

I am interested to know what the cruise lines offer at dinner in the main dining rooms for children? We are going on the Carnival Triumph for Thanksgiving.

Thanks!

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Kids Meals

go to www.mytravelco.com and they show examples of the menus for each ship including kids meals. I know I have the pickiest eater so it was a must that I find out what battles that I am in store for... Good luck
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:52 AM
doberlady

Default Re: Re: Kids Meals

Thanks for the info. I found the menus but they did not have a kids menu, or I could not find it.

Someone did tell me I can ask for grilled cheese and mac & cheese.

Debbie
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Kids Meals

Debbie,

sorry but I just noticed that some of the cruiselines did not post kids menus. We are on RCCL and they showed them. You can look there for an idea of what they have. I am sure that they are about the same and I can ensure you that your cruiseline will accomodate specific needs of your kids. Just ask your waiter and I am sure that they will come through for you...
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:49 AM
doberlady

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kids Meals

thanks for the info, I am going to check out the other lines menus as I am sure they must be the same for kids.

Old May 5th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kids Meals

Hi -- I'm the family travel editor here. I have a picky 9 year old who's been on 13 cruises and we've never had food issues on the major cruise lines. Carnival has a children's menu and the lines generally feature kid favorites like: grilled cheese, mac & cheese, hot dogs, chicken fingers, and spaghetti/meatballs. At lunch there's always burgers and fries available at the grill. All Carnival ships have a 24 hour pizzeria which is a big help. You should be fine.
Enjoy the children's program -- it's very good and there are also some fun family activities too.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:21 AM
doberlady

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kids Meals

Thanks for the info. I ask because we are vegetarians and want to make sure the kids will find things they can eat. I heard there are also veggie burgers at the grills.
Old May 5th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Passenger

Debbie,
We were on Victory a few weeks ago and I've got 4 & 7 yr old boys. My 7 yr old ate off of the adult menu every night. My 4 yr old ordered the same thing every night from the kids menu - hot dog, chicken nuggets and french fries. I know they also had pizza, pb&j and I think grilled cheese. And possibly pasta but I'm not sure.

Doug

Victory 4/03
Old May 6th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Stacieps

As an adult picky-eater, I've ordered off the children's menu many times. There is always pasta available, as well as the standards mentioned by others, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, hamburgers.

I took my son (3) on his first cruise several months ago, he has a severe allergy to eggs, and the kitchen/waitstaff really went out of their way to accomodate us. He had a special meal prepared every night (most of the time home-made chicken nuggets instead of the pre-made ones usually served).

I don't know if you eat chicken, but plain chicken breast is always available, if you ask for it.