Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:23 AM
LindaF99

Default Norweigan Sea Cruise questions

Hi,

I've never cruised before but have booked a cruise in June from NY to Bermuda on the Norweigan Sea. I have 2 questions that I can't find the answers to in their brochures or on their website. If anyone could help, that would be awesome!

1. Do they have a soft-drink program for adults? I see for the kids I can purchase a drink card for $16 for unlimited sodas but I don't see anything for the adults.

2. My brochure says that no matter what the port of embarkation, passengers must be on board 1/2 hour prior to departure. Does that include the ports in Bermuda? The boat moves at least 2 times while we're there and one time is late morning. Do we have to be on the boat when it changes ports? Bermuda is so small, I don't see a problem with just catching up to it later. Are the Bermuda ports considered ports of embarkation?

Thanks for any help. I know I'm a novice at this so any advice is more than welcome!
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Norweigan Sea Cruise questions

Hi Linda:
Glad to hear you're going to Bermuda -- you'll love the cruise and the island!
Most lines do not have a soft drink program for adults since this is how they make a lot of on board revenue!
Yes, you generally do have to be on board 1/2 hour prior to the ship's departure. You'll have to ask about Bermuda whether you can meet up with the ship later in the day at the other port. However, these days with security, they may not be happy with you doing that most all ships these days have an electronic system whereby they know who is on and off the ship and they may not want to leave port if someone's missing. I suggest you ask at Guest Relations when you get on board.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:56 PM
LindaF99

Default Re: Re: Norweigan Sea Cruise questions

Thanks Luisa, that helps a lot!