Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Nicolas Poitras

Default To Luisa: Carnival / Infant

Hi Luisa! First, thanks for questions answered back in March! We were considering a special 4-day voyage on the Norwegian Sun with our newborn and your guidance was quite helpful.

Now, we're at it again! We will soon be on Carnival Pride with out 10-month old. Was wondering if Carnival offers baby-sitting for infants. I think not but just thought I'd check!

If not, would you recommend asking the staff? I know the spa ladies on the Sun were all over us offering to baby-sit! (The proud father I am does have to say the little on is rather charming!!!) We never tried it though.

Thanks.

NP
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Luisa

Default Re: To Luisa: Carnival / Infant

Hi Nicholas:
Glad to hear I could help. Carnival has very limited group babysitting hours for infants -- I think it's in the mornings on port days and at night after 10 p.m. They do have cribs to set up for the little ones and Carnival's youth counselors change diapers. However, Carnival does not offer private babysitting, which may work out better for you.
Have you considered Disney Cruise Line? They have a great nursery for infants and toddlers and they give bottles and change diapers. (There's an article I wrote on this site about Disney's Nursery. My 8 month old did fine in it.)
Let me know if you have add'l Q's.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa
Old July 14th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Nicolas Poitras

Default Re: Re: To Luisa: Carnival / Infant

Thanks Luisa. We're already book on the Pride. We'll probably try out the group babysitting. Do you know if we can ask for a kettle to warm up bottles or do you have a better trick? NP
Old July 14th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: To Luisa: Carnival / Infant

Hi Nicholas:
Glad to hear you're cruising again -- when's the date?
I usually bring some kind of plastic cup or container with me that I can fill up with hot, hot tap water and then immerse the cold bottle into it for a while (or until the baby screams too loudly for it)! If this doesn't work, the stewards are usually pretty helpful and maybe they have a better solution for you.
Happy Trails!
Luisa
Old July 15th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Nicolas Poitras

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: To Luisa: Carnival / Infant

Tomorrow (Wednesday) to Bermuda. Scrambling as I write this to make sure we pack everything... We have your stories printed out to make sure we don't forget anything! I'll let you how it went when we get back. And we'll try your advice with the hot water. Nicolas
Old July 15th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To Luisa: Carnival / Infant

Nicholas:
Have a great time. We're also off tomorrow (Wed.) to Hawaii on NCL. I'll write a review when I get back.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Nicolas Poitras

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: To Luisa: Carnival / Infant

Have great cruise on the Star then! Nicolas