Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Beginner

Default What's the kids program like on Carnival?

Hi,

We are going on the Carnival Glory on 8/23 with our 8 year old daughter. This will be our 7th cruise, her 2nd. We went on Disney 2 years ago with her. I just wanted to know what the programs are like for children her age? We like to do things as a family, but I know she will like to do some of the activities on the ship with some of the other kids. Also, being that it is in late August, do you think there will be lots of kids. I know many kids start school in August, and we start in September in the north.

ALSO: I was reading that on Carnival, they let 9 year olds sign themselves in and out of the programs? Is this true? She is 8 1/2 and I could not imagine her now or in 6 months from now signing herself in and out and trying to get back to the cabin. I have enough trouble finding my way around sometimes! .

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Samantha
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Luisa

Default Re: What's the kids program like on Carnival?

Hi Samantha:
While there might be less kids on a late August cruise than earlier in the summer, Carnival always has tons of kids on board. There should be plenty for your daughter to meet. I know what you mean -- last year when my daughter was 9, she signed herself out of the Disney youth program. You'd be surprised at how good kids are at finding their way around ships though -- better than adults! We set up a time that my daughter has to meet us and we send her to the youth program with a watch. Actually, she's done beautifully with the responsibility.
Carnival has a very good youth program. Actually its strongest point is its many family activities such as family craft night, name that tune, family disco party, deck games, etc. I think you'll all enjoy it.
Feel free to ask any add'l Q's.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old July 14th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What's the kids program like on Carnival?

As a grandmother, I agree that Carnival's youth program is very good. We have only been on 2 new Carnival ships the last 2 years. I rave about how great the children's program must be because you rarely realize how many kids are on board. Buy or rent Walkie Talkies. You daughter is old enough to use one. Give her ground rules and ask her to call you when she is ready to leave Camp Carnvial. They also organize a lot of Family events so you can partipate with your child. As that week is the week before Labor Day, I think you will still have a fair amount of children on board. Many schools still start after Labor Day in the East.

Bon Voyage