Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Is this a good cabin?

Hi. I finally got a new room on the Grand Princess for a great promotion price. I am in catagory I, mid ship, which is what I wanted. It is on the Baja deck, room 425. It is the first inside cabin once you get off the elevators. I know there may be more traffic there with people going to the elevators, but has anyone ever had a room like this? Can you hear all the people waiting for the elevator or is this a good location. If you want to look at Princess's layout to see what I am talking about, go for it. Has anyone ever had a cabin like this? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Is this a good cabin?

Hi Sara:
Yes, we've had cabins near the elevator a number of times before and haven't noticed any noise problems. Generally the elevators/stairs are separated from the hall with the staterooms by walls so it's not like you'll have people waiting outside your door for an elevator. We have a toddler who wakes up early so we actually like being near the elevator so that we can whisk him away to a public room before he wakes up our older daughter or neighbors!
Hope this helps.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old August 4th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Is this a good cabin?

Thanks for your help. Makes me feel a lot better. I was worried there might be problems, but it sounds like this cabin may actually be a prime location. Thanks again.
Old August 4th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Is this a good cabin?

it might get a bit busy at dinner time, first thing in the morning when all are leaving for shore or late afternoon when passengers are returning to their cabins other than that i find it convenient to be near the elevators.
Old August 4th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Is this a good cabin?

But during those "busy" times, i too should be getting ready to go to shore, dinner, etc. As long as I don't have to deal with it in the middle of the night when I am sleeping. Other than that, it may be a good wake up call in the morning. Thanks again!!
Old August 4th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is this a good cabin?

Oh, but will I constantly hear the eleator every time it passes by my room? I am literally the room next tot the elevator.