Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Default additional daycare

hello, my husband and I are taking our 2 and a half year old daughter with us on the carnival pride saling 11/2/03 to celebrate our five year anniversary. i will be 7 months pregnant and am wondering if anyone knows approx how much it is to have someone watch our daughter at least one evening, so we can celebrate our special day.is this service available thru the cruise line or do we need to ask someone else. This is our first cruise and we are very excited. happy sailing to everyone out there. ksf
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Luisa

Default Re: additional daycare

Dear Kimberly:
I assume that Carnival is okay with your sailing at 7 months pregnant. Usually you need a doctor's note at that stage of your pregnancy. Just making sure you're aware of that.
Unfortunately Carnival doesn't have private babysitting. They only offer group babysitting after 10 p.m. for a fee. However, since your daughter is old enough to participate in the youth program, why don't you feed her early one night, bring her to the youth program and then make a reservation at the ship's prviate restaurant that night? That way you get some time alone.
Hope this helps.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old August 8th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Davina

Default Re: additional daycare

Camp Carnival is free until 10:00 p.m.., I can't remember the exact charge per hour for the group babysitting after 10 but I think it might have been $5.00 per hour. The kids who did it looked like they had a blast. They were all in their pajamas and just had a big old slumber party.
Old August 9th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: additional daycare

luisa, thanks for your input. i was told when we booked the reservation that i was okay sailing at 26 weeks of preg, i am sure i will have no problems getting my dr. to write a letter if necessary. what do you suggest it says, any specifics.
Old August 11th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: additional daycare

i know on norwegian cruise lines ou canot sail if you are more than 24 weeks. i guess every cruise line is different. i would definetly make sure you have that doctor's note!! have a good time and happy anniversary in advance!!!
Old August 20th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: additional daycare

Carnival's cost in 2/03 was $6 per hour 1st kid, $4/per kid for additionals after 10 p.m. It was worth the cost to get a little free time.