Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2003, 12:08 PM
First Mate

Default Kids Program on Navigator

My Husband, our son and I are going on the Navigator of the Sea on Sept 27th. Our son is 7 years old and a little shy. My husband and I would like him to participate in some of the Adventure Ocean Youth program activities but I am worried. I want to know is the program structured? Or, when I come back to pick him up from the program will I find him standing in a corner or playing by himself because of his shyness? Will the instructors make sure that the kids are involved in the activity? Will they make sure all the kids are having fun and meeting new kids? Can anyone answer my questions?

Thank You,
Julie
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Kids Program on Navigator

You picked a great line for your "shy" son. The counselors on Royal Caribbean are fun yet professional and the program is very activity oriented -- there is little down time. My daughter LOVES RCI's youth program. (She's been on 14 cruises...) I have no doubt the counselors will make sure your son gets involved and has a great time!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
FAmily Cruise Editor
Old August 19th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Yeoman

Hi Julie,
I had a whole message typed and then we had a power surge and lost it. My name is Anne Marsh and we have used Adventure Ocean 2x. My 2 boys are die hard fans of Adventure Ocean. We sailed on the Enchantment in March and Sovereign 3 years ago. I can't say enough about it. Get a hold of Charle Macdonald at RCCL . Hopefully he is still in charge of Adventure Ocean and can allay any fears you may have. The staff does a phenomenal job making sure all the kids have agreat time. Any questions or concerns that I can answer for you let me know. we are planning another cruise this March with the kids on RCCL because of Adventure ocean.
Old September 14th, 2003, 08:15 AM
JBelle462

HI we just took a cruise on the navigator, in aug, the kids progs are great, I have a 10 yr old who thought he was tooo big for that and he had a great time met alot of kids , emails to some, so he won't be disapointed. write back and let me know how it worked out ok ,