Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2003, 07:58 PM
LAFRAGIA

Default CHILD CARE AFTER PORTING

We are going on a Carnival Cruise in Oct. We are taking our 2 and 3 year old.One of the ports will be in Cozmuel. They will offer a tour to Tulum for a visit to the Mayan Ruins. We originally planned not to go on this tour because we were taking the children we and it was going to be 7 hours (including 4 hours of travel time). Thinking they would have to walk in a hot enviroment with hills, rocks and water. I read that Carnival only offers child care until 2:00pm on the day of port. However someone said that is untrue .Can anyone confirm this. We would like to do the tour but if child care ends at 2:00, we wouldnt be back in time. We are 85% against taking them on this tour (due to the extended amount of time and their ages) I guess my main questions are , does child care end at 2:00pm on the day of port, and does anyone have experience from taking their child or seeing a child in this age range on this type of tour . Thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Luisa

Default Re: CHILD CARE AFTER PORTING

Don't take your kids on the tour! It's a long, hot day. I went on it without my kids and was glad since an elderly lady on our tour passed out from the heat! I loved seeing Tulum and I'm sure you will too. But it's a long day.
Carnival's youth program on port days doesn't end at 2 p.m. They generally take a break around dinner time but go until 10 p.m. You just have to decide if you both feel comfortable leaving your little ones for seven hours.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old September 15th, 2003, 01:04 PM
p.g.

Default Re: CHILD CARE AFTER PORTING

Hi , I second the don't take the kids on the tour post, and I would like to add that you should make sure the kids go into the program for a couple of hours each day before your tour so that they get used to the staff and the staff get used to them. Then when you have to leave them for 6 or 7 hours you will all be comfortable with that arrrangement.I personally don't think it will kill them. many kids HAVE to go in daycare for that long everyday, it's only one day and the ruins are fasinating! Have fun and you can ALL have a great cruise! P.S> Every post about the childrens programs are so positive , in fact most complaints seem to be about how hard it is to REMOVE your child from them at the end of the day,(most) kids love them)