CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Family Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/)
-   -   NCL Dawn. Anyone cruised in winter from NYC-Bahamas? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/277059-ncl-dawn-anyone-cruised-winter-nyc-bahamas.html)

santosh October 22nd, 2003 10:14 PM

NCL Dawn. Anyone cruised in winter from NYC-Bahamas?

Hi,
I am planning to travel on NCL Dawn in Nov 2003 with kids (2 yrs and 4 yrs old). I have heard great admiration from previous travellers. However, I am concerned that it might be too cold out there during that time. This might prevent the kids from using swimming pools and other recreations. We have faced this problem previously when we cruised to canada from New York City. Is my concern justified?
Has anyone cruised on this itinerary in winter?
Thanks in anticipation.
Santosh

Luisa October 23rd, 2003 11:40 AM

Re: NCL Dawn. Anyone cruised in winter from NYC-Bahamas?

Hi:
I'm the family cruise editor here. According to all the articles I've read in my trade publications, by the afternoon of the first full day at sea, it should be warm enough to use the outdoor facilities, accdg. to NCL. This ship has a great water play area for little ones. We were on its sistership in Hawaii and my two year old loved the water play area. NCL is one of the few lines which takes kids as young as two in their youth program ,so that should work well for you. I'd love to hear how it goes.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor

collegecoed October 26th, 2003 06:16 PM

We've said twice out of NY niether of them on NCL but i would assume that the weather isnt ship specific...but we've never had any problem with the weather once we were well off from NY and using the faciliites other than it being too sunny and getting fried.

Dan P November 1st, 2003 11:06 AM

We will be sailing the Dawn out of NY tomorrow Nov.2 ,When we get back next week I will drop a line.What is the date that you are sailing?

stew November 1st, 2003 04:35 PM

we are going with a 2 1/2 yr old on dec 7th.....all reports said 1st day out is all that will be cold....hope there are more toddlers on the 7th.........please post if you are on dec 7th

Dan P November 10th, 2003 02:55 PM

We have just come off the Dawn ,out of NY,we sailed on Nov.9.There were 6 of us ,two grand children[7 5].The kids program was great ,the kids didnt want to leave when we went to pick them up.If the children are in diapers you will be given a beeper to com e and change them.
Our first day out was a little nippy but by the afternoon you couldnt find a lounge around the pool.There is a Kids pool with a slide in the rear of the ship.We had a great time,but if you are traveling with kids I recomend that you go to dinner early,as the lines do get a little long at the free style dining rooms.There is also the buffet .At the buffet there is a little sitting area just for kids where they can get their own food.
I