Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Becca12338
Default Costa Maya, Progresso

OK, I know I've posted alot about this, but i NEED some answers!! loL!
In Costa Maya I would really like to scuba dive, problem is im not registered, is there anywhere that gives little classes then lets you dive?? IF not what else can I do?? NO MAYAN RUINS PLEASE!!
In Progresso I have no clue what to do, I was thinking of horsebak riding maybe?? Anything fun to do?? again, NO MAYAN RUINS!! THANX.

I'm posting this on many boards, you only need to reply once. THANX!!

CARNIVAL CONQUEST!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2003, 10:13 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Costa Maya, Progresso

I'm the family cruise editor. I'd love to make suggestions to help you but I haven't been to either of those ports yet. They are newer ports and so not as many people -- including myself -- have called there. In the past, Cozumel was the only port open to cruise ships on the Caribbean side of Mexico so that most of us have been to Cozumel but not C. Maya and Progresso.
Your best bet is to ask the shore excursions desk for help in deciding once you get aboard. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I scanned the family message board from the past few months to see if anyone had posted details on those ports, but to no avail.
Would you please post a note upon your return about what you ended up doing in those ports and if you/your family liked it? Thanks!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old December 14th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Costa Maya, Progresso

Have been to Costa Maya and not sure about scuba, but the snorkeling was fabulous right from the pier. Ask the crew on board to point you to a reputable company. There isn't much there as it is newish, but it has some of the best fish I've seen, beautiful!

Jenn