Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2004, 12:42 PM
bobesox

Default Has anyone used the Carnival kids' program on port days?

Has anyone here left their kids in the kids' program and done excursions? Just wondering about safety and that sort of thing. Are there requirements you find out about port days and the kids program during that first night orientation?
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Has anyone used the Carnival kids' program on port days?

I usually take my kids with me on port days rather than leave them in the youth programs. I like them to get a taste for the spots we're visiting. However, plenty of parents do leave kids in the youth programs especially if a shore excursion is not appropriate for kids. Check with the youth counselors at the beginning of the cruise to see what the port day hours are.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 27th, 2004, 03:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Has anyone used the Carnival kids' program on port days?

Hi,

I have left my children in Camp Carnival while hubby and I explored the city or port we were in. We usually don't do excursions so that we can spend part of the day with the kids usually back on the ship where the pool is quiet and/or take a nap with them. I'd be a little worried taking a long excursion, but that's just me. Camp C is wonderful, my kids always wanted to go back sooner than I wanted them to!

Margie
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Has anyone used the Carnival kids' program on port d

we were on the victory last week and left the kids at camp for about 3 hours while we explored cozumel at night. we took them to all the ports (spent the day at the beach) but felt they would enjoy playing rather than following us shopping that night.
on the first night you will get a beeper, but it only works in the ship so if you are out they can't page you if there is an emergency. The camp staff are really good, we were paged only once and it was only after they tried calming my 2 yo for half an hour. They also told me to go to cozumel and not to worry because it was only for 3 hours and very rarely does something happen, you also sign a release form stating that in case of an emergency and they can't reach you they will call the infirmiary and administer medication if necessary.

you also get a sheet that lists ALL the activities (down to the hour) for EVERY DAY of the cruise so you can plan your adult activities around camp carnival's activities.

ask more questions if you need