Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2004, 09:46 AM
tigger1

Default RCL Splendour of the Seas

Good morning all. Can anyone please give me a sort of report on what to expect on Splendour of the Seas? We will be a party of about 15, starting at Tampa 7 night Western Carribbean in Nov. 04....one..........is the Splendour clean? Spacious? Enough to do for children 10 years and teens? How is the food? The ports (Belize, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya)? How is the staff?

We will be on the 7th level in a Superior Stateroom w/balcony....enough room for 3 (2 adults, 1 child)?

Any suggestions, advice and stories are so greatly appreciated, this will be our first time cruising......hoping to make some very good memories.

Thanks all

Tigger1
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Luisa

Default Re: RCL Splendour of the Seas

Splendour is a lovely ship -- roomy, nice public facilities, etc. RCI has a great youth and teen program so it should be fun. The ship also has a rock wall which my 10 year old absolutely loves. There is also a game arcade, pool, etc. I think you picked a ship that all ages will like.
SMooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 16th, 2004, 01:21 PM
tigger1

Default Re: Re: RCL Splendour of the Seas

Luisa thank you so much for your response. I think we're going to have a blast.....one other thing...do you know if it'll be possible to get our whole party seated for dinner at the same table (15 in all)?

Thanks again.

Tigger1
Old January 20th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Luisa

Default Re: RCL Splendour of the Seas

I highly doubt they have a table for all 15 of you -- they can set up two tables of 8 next to each other. I'd put a special request in soon for that -- it's also easier to accommodate big groups at early (6:15-ish) seatings rather than late, since the late ones tend to be more crowded and popular.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa
Old January 20th, 2004, 02:53 PM
tigger1

Default Re: Re: RCL Splendour of the Seas

Thanks again for the good advice.

Tigger1