Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Karin

Default Line Suggestions for 10 year olds

We have previously sailed on Disney with our soon to be 10 year old daughter. We are looking at taking a cruise in October and, while we really enjoyed our Disney trip, we don't want to spend a fortune. I've heard that Carnival and RCI have good children's programs, but would love to hear you experiences. (Either 5 or 7 day trips)
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Nancy B.

Default Re: Line Suggestions for 10 year olds

We took our 10-yr. old son on Royal Caribbean in the Western Caribbean last summer and he loved their program. It is age appropriate (younger kids in a separate area) and had lots of activities. He ended up making friends with another boy at our dinner table and hanging out with him the entire cruise. The Royal Caribbean ship we were on (Navigator of the Seas) had great activities (rock climbing, mini golf, basketball) so he was never bored.

We are going to cruise Europe this summer with another couple and their 7-yr. old daughter (also on Royal Caribbean who seems to have the most family friendly activities on board while still offering a very nice environment for the adults as well).
Old February 19th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Luisa

I agree. My 10 year old has been on 15 cruises and she likes Royal Caribbean's youth program the best. It's very active and fun. If you're going off season in October, they get enough kids on their ships year round that there should be other kids aboard too. Just a note: when sailing off season, there tends to be more little kids (pre-schoolers, etc) than older kids because of the missing school issue.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:14 AM
Luisa

One more note: I took my daughter (10 years) last fall on Royal Caribbean to Europe/Mediterranean and it was a FABULOUS trip! She loved sightseeing in Europe as well as the family friendly facilities. Can't recommend it enough.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Admiral

I would give Carnival a look, too. You really can't beat their kids programs and the overall "fun" atmosphere on the ship is great for everyone. My son was 13 when we sailed on the Fantasy and even though he appreciated the teens only room, he found the regular entertainment on the ship more to his liking.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Admiral

also look into Princess - the Grand Class ships have a really good kids program.
Old February 28th, 2004, 07:01 PM
SOME GUY

CARNIVAL!!!!!!! IT IS REALLY GREAT WITH KIDS AND THEY HAVE SEPERATE AGE GROUPS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO BE WITH 3 YO ALL THE TIME!
Old February 28th, 2004, 07:04 PM
SOME GUY

JUST TO TELL YALL I CHANGED MY EMAIL TO SOMEGUYINBOSTIN@GOOGLE.COM. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS.
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM
cheeseluvscows

I agree with some guy carnival has the best kids program I have been on 17 cruises and have been on both royal and carnival. I have been cruising since I was 9 and I definentally enjoyed the carnivla kids club better than the royal carribean especially fotr older kids they had funner stuff to do . For younger kids I suggest the royal carribean club. they are both good cruise lines.
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We sailed on RCL Sovereign of the Seas last year and my children (9 & 11) did not really enjoy the kids program on that ship. They ended up hanging out with us. I have friends that have cruised extensively and they recommended Carnival as their children like that program the best so this year we choose the Inspiration. Hope this helps.