Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 05:10 PM
cruiseprincess0162

Default HAL...OOSTERDAM

Hello to all,
This summer I am taking my neice on a cruise to Alaska on Holland America's oosterdam. I always say HAl and she usually sails carnival. I dont have kids so I dont know what the kids programs are like on board and didnt really care untill i decided to take her with me. If you have had teens sail on HAL could you tell me what kind of acctivites they did and such? I kno they have a teen room onboard so I kno she will enjoy that alot. Any other info will be great!
Thanks,
Margo
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Luisa

Default Re: HAL...OOSTERDAM

How old is your niece? We went on the Zuiderdam last year and my daughter (then 9) loved it. You can read my review of it on the main page of this family section of CruiseMates.com.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 19th, 2004, 05:29 PM
cruiseprincess0162

She is 14 (almost 15) isnt that keen on going on HAL or going to Alaska.
Thanks!
Margo
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

HAL has special shore excursions for the 13-17 year olds. The kids on my cruise on the Princendam were enjoying themselves. Because there aren't as many kids they don't get lost in the crowed or have to wait in long lines. The teen program also starts later, 10:30 or 11 in the morning and continues through to dinner and then starts up again 10PM after 2nd seating. Also have your travel agent request a table with other teenagers.

Have your niece check out the teen message board. My niece check it out when ever she has access to my computer. Also have her go to excursions page on HAL's web site and let her pick your shore excursions. There are a lot of active ones and hands on things like paning for gold.