Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:43 PM
elizabeth29

Default Line Suggestions with 23 mth. old

As I mentioned in another post, I want to take my son on a cruise this summer, but he will be one month shy of 2 years. Unfortunately, the kid's programs seem to be out due to this month, so now I'm open to any cruise through the Caribbean. I will be in Florida, and prefer to leave from the Tampa port... any idea what line to go through? (specifically given his age)

Thank you!!

...elizabeth...
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Line Suggestions with 23 mth. old

Your only option for any care options for a child under two years is Disney Cruise Line. They have a very good nursery for infants through three year olds. My 7 month old did very well on it last year. You book the hours that you want your child to go there once you get aboard ship; it's an hourly fee. DCL leaves from Port Canaveral and has a 3/4 day itinerary and also 7 day Caribbean. See my article "Disney's Magical Nursery" on this family section of CruiseMates.com
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
christinefischer

Default Re: Line Suggestions with 23 mth. old

When our daughter was 22 months old we had a good time on a Celebrity ship. I think there are a few that leave out of Tampa. She was too young to use their kids program but we did use their in-cabin baby sitter service each night so that we could go to dinner and a show together. We also took her on Carnival when she was 9 months old and used their group babysitter service. However, that service has limited hours of operation. If I recall correctly it was available from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. each night and during port days. Both lines charge a fee for the service. We liked the Celebrity sitter service better because the hours weren't limited and we really wanted to have a grown-ups only dinner. As you know, meals are not always (if ever) peaceful with a child this age. Cruise meals, which can take 2 hours or more, are even more difficult for little ones to sit through. For me, this is particular frustrating when I'm all dressed up - our daughter, with messy hands and face, would always want me (dressed in my finest dry-cleanables) to hold her when she got tired of the highchair - never daddy.