Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2004, 06:50 PM
Klarocco

Default What did you tip the Camp Carnival workers

There were 4 that worked with our kids...both my dd, DS were in the same age group....Just curious what the "typical" amount was.
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Luisa

Default Re: What did you tip the Camp Carnival workers

I have yet to see any type of guidelines on this subject but I feel strongly about tipping youth counselors who spend a lot of time with your kids -- I figure I tip my hairdresser and I value my kids more than my hair!! Right? I have a 10 year old who's been on 15 cruises and I generally put about $50 in an envelope at the end of the cruise. All cruise lines' youth counselors pool the tips. I don't know if $50 is considered too much, too little or just right so I wouldn't mind hearing others' opinion. But for some reason it seems good to me since it has to be divided among a number of people.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 5th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Cruzin4fun1010

Default Re: Re: What did you tip the Camp Carnival workers

We cruised in November and I have 2 children. The youth counselors on our cruise were absolutely wonderful. They kept the children safe, entertained, and occupied doing creative things. We used them here and there on land days, and on sea days a little bit. Our kids really loved the girls and those girls really helped our vacation, the kids preferred to eat out with their peers, so my husband and I had some alone time., especially on the formal nights for the shows. Those youth counselors were very important to us. We tipped them $200. at the end. It's really up to you how much to tip, those girls were really wonderful!!!!