Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2004, 02:36 PM
candi

Default family with four kids

We are planning a last minute cruise for the week of April 17th in April. Since we have 2 boys ages 9 & 11 and two girls 18mths and 5 we need a ship that can accomodate all. We have never been on a cruise with the kids but have taken them to resorts such as Beaches, etc.

What is the best cruise with good food (we love to eat), good gym facilities with exercise classes for mom & dad, and good pools? Everybody seems to love RCCL and Princess - are these the best?

Thanks from a first time cruiser!
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2004, 08:29 PM
pg,

Default Re: family with four kids

Princess food is better thatn RCCL plus they have a 24 hr buffet( which RCCL does not)
Rccl has a great kids program, but so does Princess, so if food is the deciding factor go with Princess.
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Luisa

I think you'll have an easier time finding a cabin to accommodate your family of six on RCI than on Princess. Check out Royal CAribbean's Adventure, Voyager and Explorer of the Seas -- they are fabulous ships for families and have a number of options like family cabins. Read my review of the Adventure of the Seas on the main page of this family section. Also, Royal Carib has private babysitting if you decide you want a baby sitter one evening for your toddler, while Princess doesn't. We used a baby sitter for our toddler and it was a very positive experience.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 8th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Candi

Default Re: Re: family with four kids

Hi Luisa:

Thanks for your reply. Since we are going on the cruise for the kids Spring Break, the week of April 19th - we didn't have much choice. But, we were able to book two triple rooms on the new Caribbean Princess going to the Western Caribbean leaving on the 17th. We are very excited. I wish they had babysitting available just in case she's cranky. We considered bringing our nanny but we decided against it for more family time alone.

Can the baby come with us most everywhere? Shows, exercursions, etc.?
Thanks again.

Candi
Old March 8th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Luisa

It's funny, but we're going on the Caribbean Princess on 4/24, the week after you!
Oh well,
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Candi

Default Re: Re: family with four kids

That is funny! Don't you live in New Jersey too? We live in Montclair. I thought I read this in one of your articles.
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:24 AM
vactionhappy

Default Re: Re: Re: family with four kids

I think you made the right choice going with Princess. We love both lines but with Princess you have the dining flexibility with Personal Choice dining - you can eat pretty much whenever you want. We found that to be a big plus when we travel with other families and the ages range from toddler to teens.

Both have great kid's programs and lots to do. Have fun.
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Luisa

Default To Candi

To Candi:
Well, it is a small world! We live about 10 minutes away from you! Why don't you contact me via my personal email lfgaynor@optonline.net
Best,
Luisa
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Try Carnival they now have family rooms. On their Newwer shios. and they are great and a great price too.