Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Alaska fun for young adults?

Wanted to book an alaskan cruise on the radiance of the seas but wanted to know if it is a suitable cruise for those in their late teens and 20's?
thanks!- don't want them to hate the cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Alaska fun for young adults?

Royal CAribbean is a great line for all ages. Alaska is a very active destination so I think young adults would like as long as they want to do active excursions on land.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Are there many on-board activities as well for them to participate in?
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Luisa

There are plenty of activities on board ship too -- Royal Carib. is a good choice for young adults since they get a good range of ages on board.
Best,
Luisa
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Is end of may a good time for university sturdents to go and have people of their age group there?
Old March 11th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Luisa

Hmm....not sure on that one. You certainly won't have grade school kids on board until June when school is out. I have a feeling you would have more young adults on board during the June-August period when the rest of their family -- who may have young kids -- might be sailing. Plus, in May it will be chillier for doing the many outdoor active excursions that young adults might like such as kayaking, dog sledding, hiking, etc.
Best,
Luisa
Old March 15th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Passenger

We took an Alaskan Cruise last summer and two in our party were 18 and 19. I would say that if you gave an 18 year old their first choice, they would choose Mexico or the Carribean. Which, we have done, and they loved it! However, with that said, I would NOT say that they would be bored on an Alaskan Cruise. Our kids REALLY enjoyed the helicoptor tour and dogsledding tour. That was a highlight for all ages in our group , 11-65. Also, the older kids did enjoy hanging out with their younger siblings and I'm sure made lots of funny memories. The olders usually don't take the time for them at home, so it presents a situation that is not the norm. The majesty and beauty is a little bit lost on this age group, but in my opinion, they are lucky to have the experience. When they are paying they can choose the destination!