Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Default Teens on summer cruise to Europe

I have booked a European Cruise on Oceania Cruiseline for 26 days this summer. We will be touring 7 different countries. I have 3 young teens that I am bringing along for the experience. I am a little concerned about the length of the cruise, but it was a deal that I couldn't pass on. I know that Oceania Cruiseline is geared more for older adults, the kids have cruised with Celebrity in the past and they were fine, but that was only for 7 days. They aren't much for the kids activities in past cruises. I'm wondering if I have bitten off more that I can chew with the length of 26 days. I am planning to keep them very busy with shore excursions during the days, and tired out at night. Any thoughts from experienced cruisers with kids to Europe would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Teens on summer cruise to Europe

You should read the article on this site that I wrote called "Cruising Europe with Kids." Yes, your kids will be tired out from all there is to see on land however I guess I'd feel better if you were on a ship that has a teen program for them to hang out at during the evenings. My 10 year old loved our 7 day European cruise so much so probably could have stayed for a full 26 days. However, there were lots of family friendly facilities (rock wall, mini golf, kids' program, video arcade, etc) that will not be on Oceania.
If you do go, make sure you get some background info on y our destinations for the kids to read ahead of time so that it will be a fun learning experience.
Feel free to ask add'l questions.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Passenger

Thank you. That is helpful.
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Luisa

P.S. Let me know if you do take the cruise...and how it goes!
Luisa