Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Default CCL or RCCL for Familys

Hi I have been on Carnival 2 times in the past and I am going this Dec as well but w/o the kids. ... But Next Nov 2005 I want to take my kids and my mother with me. I have been doing alot of looking and I am not sure wich line is better for kids they will be 6 and 9 at the time of the cruise. My son just LOVES mini golf and I do see that Rccl and Princess has this. Is it really worth the extra money to go on RCCL or Prinscess rather that Carnival? I have never had a Problem with Carnival in the past.? Thnkas Susie
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Re: CCL or RCCL for Familys

I just returned from the Voyager of the Seas with my 12 year old. RCCL has exceleent kids programs that will keep your kids entertained for the entire cruise. The Voyager class ships have mini golf, full courst basketball, rock climbing wall, large arcade and Johnny Rockets all located in the same area.
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Admiral

what price did you pay I am on kind of a limited budget. I will have to get an inside cabin. thats for sure
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Susie,
Yes, I'd also recommend one of the "Voyager" class ships for cruising with your kids, they will love it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Admiral

I am looking into going In Nove or Dec of 2005. I am HOPING to get a price of around $2000 for all 4 of us not including airfair. We will drive. Dos that sound do able for Rccl. On the Voyger class? Susie
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:27 PM
KayDee

I went in February on the Imagination on Carnival....Not much at all for kids. I don't recommend it. It is good for ages 2-9 but not for older than that. I hear that some of the bigger and newer ships of Carnival have more for kids. But I will NOT do another Carnival.
Old April 13th, 2004, 08:02 AM
stuff&things

We are going on Mariner this summer (June). We booked early and also have a group. Our interior cabins were $825 + $139 port charges +$23.15 in taxes before our group discount is applied. This is the first and second person charges in our cabin. We opted for 2 cabins rather than the cheaper 3rd and 4th person charges$510 per person + the addl. port charges and taxes. This is an excellent deal but is also in the prime time for sailing not an off travel time. When my dh and I sailed in Nov. of 2002, the prices were much less all across the board becasue of the season. Look around, contact different agents and book early. You might even be able to get "in on" someone else's group rate if you have an agent that will look out for you on that. Good luck!