Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default re: small inflatable pools for infants...

I followed one suggestion I've seen here regarding for traveling with infants, and just bought a small inflatable pool to put in the shade next to us when we are at the pool (since the baby can't go in the water with swim diapers).

My question is: how do you fill the pool??? It doesn't seem right to scoop water out of the main pool. Is a hose available, or will the crew give us a few pitchers of water????

Old May 12th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: re: small inflatable pools for infants...

Valentina-

The family I saw with one got a bucket of water from one of the crew members.

Darcy
Old May 12th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Question- where are you going to put it? deck space around the pools is extremely limited -filled withpeople, lounges, chairs and tables. For most familes with infants, the " dip and dunk", walk around in the water with your infant works just fine - just an observation.
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Actually Lisa, there is too much talk about non-trained infants not being allowed in the pool for me to depend on your suggestion of dip and dunk. Surely there'll be a spot for our tiny two foot wide inflatable pool - especially if we move back a bit. Others have done it, and I saw on previous cruise that there is space as long as we hang back a bit, like along the edge.

Old May 12th, 2004, 10:38 PM
jlf

I think this is a great idea... and I agree, there should be plenty of room for a small pool. And I'm sure that a crew person would be more than willing to help fill up a small pool (they would probably like that better than having to disinfect a pool after an accident !!). I appreciate your consideration of other cruisers ! Good job on finding a way to be considerate of others, and at the same time, making sure your family has a good time. Pat on the back to you !
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:05 AM
BMK

I love the small pool idea as well, I used to bring an inflatable pool to the beach when my kids little and they would play for hours with the sand and go in and out of the pool. If the pool area on the ship is so crowded you might enjoy bringing the pool to the fantail where it is usually less crowded and your son would have more space. Also, my kids used to love playing with paint brushes and dipping them in the pool and then painting the deck around them. Have a wonderful cruise!