Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Thank you for checking Luisa. It looks like my girls will have plenty to do! It looks like I may be struggling to keep busy at night!

Thanks again.
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Passenger

Well be taking our 4 kids on the Carnival Valor in June. This will be our 3rd cruise with them. Three are teens (18,17,17) and one 12 yo. The three older ones will have their own cabin down the hall(unfortunately) and I will try to have a key. They check in with us every morning (i.e. we wake them up for breakfast!!) and tell us their plans. If we are in port they are to spend the day with us on an excursion or whatever we decide to do. There is no option w/ this. After all it is a "family" vacation. On sea days they can come and go all over the ship as they please. They always know where on deck we are and they must be dressed and ready for dinner. I make them eat dinner w/us almost all the nights as again this is sometimes the only time they spend with us. The 12 y.o hangs with us a lot and that is fine. He will go and check out the happenings at the kids club, but again he knows where we are. I have found that we cross paths w/our kids several times a day/night and that checking in is not really necessary. They usually hang out in the teen lounge or thereabouts so it is eas to track them down. My one stringent rule is that they are not to have other people in their room without asking us first if it is okay. Hope this helps.