Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Kell

Default Adventure Dec 19/04 with toddler

HI

I am going on my first cruise on December 19 on the Adventure. My son will be 19 months at that time. I am already booked but getting a little nervous about the whole pool situation. I mean how am I supposed to keep him out of the pool all the time. We have a pool at our house and he's never had an accident. If he were to were a swim diaper under a bathing suit is that going to be a problem? It;s not like he would be in there for long periods of time.

Also, I am nervous about the in cabin babysitting. How do you know how your child will be treated! It is a little scary. Do they stay in the room all night or can they go for a walk?
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Adventure Dec 19/04 with toddler

The babysitting with RCCL is in-cabin only. We used it four our one year old last year and it was a very positive experience. The sitter was lovely and got our son to sleep easier than we do. RCCL is one of the few lines which offers babysitting so you might want to take advantage of it while you can!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey GAynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Adventure Dec 19/04 with toddler

Kell, scroll down a few messages , there is a thread on swim diapers.
Personally i don't see a problem with swim diapers under swimsuits for a quick dunk to cool off a bit, but the rules are posted and pools have been shut-down because of accidents from swim diapers with kids staying in the water for lengthy periods of time.