Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2004, 03:54 PM
pasdesign

Default Urgent opinion Radiance class RCCL for 15 - 17 year olds

What is your opinion of the "guest" Youth programe for 15 - 17 year olds on Radiance class ships. Ideally has anyone been on Brilliance of Seas, Mediteranian cruise in August and noticed many UK/American older teenagers and what facilities there were please..
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Urgent opinion Radiance class RCCL for 15 - 17 year olds

I was on Brilliance in the Mediterranean last year in late September and there were only a handful of littler kids. However, school was in full swing. My daughter was 10 then and even though there weren't any kids her age, she thought it was still a fabulous cruise. You're not on the ship too m uch since it's a port intensive itinerary. I'm sure there would be some teens on board during August since it's still school vacation time.
The Brilliance is a beautiful ship -- we both loved her! Let me know how your cruise goes.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old July 21st, 2004, 04:18 PM
Jodie

I dodn't know about the Mediterranean, but we just came back from Alaska. We were on the Radiance of the Seas and my kids loved it. My son was 12, he turned 13 today, and my daughter is 15 (she will be sixteen next month). They are ready to go again. There was always something to do and even though I had heard there might not be that many kids on an Alaskan cruise, my daughter told me the youth director said there were a total of 200 kids in the 12-17 age group. Those are the kids that are allowed to use the teen center, which they all seemed to love.
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Emm

we are taking the same ship next summer with 3 older teens --

I find it hard to get information about mediterranean cruises on these boards -- I also would be interested in how many english speaking teens 16-19 there are on european cruises.

From my past experience its probably not the ship -- I am sure it has room for teens , etc. -- but the passengers on the sailing that determine how much fun the kids have at night. I have been on ships with huge teen centers that go unused because the kids choose not to use them. this is my kids reaction " there were nothing but 13 year old girls there" which i guess is typical of most teens -- they see junior high kids in the teen centers , and they bolt. Royal caribbean seems to not mind kids bumping up to the next age levels, which imo does more harm than good --

But, most kids seem to find each other by the middle of the cruise, and have a good time despite the lack of organized events.