Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2004, 11:31 PM
jdetringo

Default babysitters...

My wife and I recently(OK a year ago but I remember it like it was yesterday) went on a cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was my first cruise and will ALWAYS choose a cruise vacation over any other from now on. The only thing now is that we promised our 2 kids(8 and 10) that we would take them next time. I love the idea of spending time together, but don't necessarily want to have to give up the late night festivities. Do you recommend on board babysitters? How do they work? How late? HOW MUCH$? WOuld it not be more cost affective to pay for an extra ticket to bring our own babysitter and let them enjoy a cruise instead of payment?
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: babysitters...

Don't bring your own babysitter, the sitting is free til 10 pm then 6 $ an hour per child( on Princess) , so with two kids, it will cost you 24 $ till midnight. Even if you did that everynight it still is much cheaper then bringing someone!!( that adds to less than 150 dollars) .
A sitter under 18 is still your responsibility, so you have just added to your load, you will need to get all the permission to travel forms etc. done,. A sitter over 18( unless it is your mom, ) is not going to want ot sit in the cabin with the kids everynight.

We also cruised without our kids for our 10th, and we loved it. We also cruised without our kids for our 15th, so fun abd relaxing!!!! We still take a family vacation each year, but we deserve some time to ourselves. Plus we are smart enough to not tell our kids how great cruising is !!! We have 3 kids, and live very far from port ( ten hours flight time) so it would be very exspensive and hard on the kids to bring them( ok we made up the part about it being hard on them,...... it would be hard on us!! )
Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: babysitters...

We've cruised with our kids (now 11, 13, 16 & 20) and found that with the children's programs we really wouldn't have needed a babysitter. All of the kids love to eat in the dining room so we have dinner together each night and watch the shows. For any adult show you can use the group babysitting service.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03