Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Luisa

Default REMINDER: VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE FAMILY CRUISE LINE

Just a reminder that I need much more input on my query concerning my family cruise line poll. As mentioned in previous posts, I'd like to write my February family cruise article here at CruiseMates on your favorite family cruises. Thus, I'd like you to answer the questions below. Feel free to give details about why you chose a certain ship/line. Please respond by the end of January.

Since we can't vote in private, I assume no one will dispute what others votes for. I'll compile the information into article format for all to read. Thanks for your thoughtful input.

1. Which is your favorite family cruise line? Why?
2. Which is the best line for infants and toddlers?
3. Which SHIPS are best for teens?
4. Which line has the most engaging hands-on learning activities as part of their youth programming?
5. Which line features the most fun and understanding youth counselors?
6. Which SHIPS have the best public facilities for families (such as outdoor waterplay areas, mini-golf, etc)/
7. Which is the most economical/affordable line for a family of four to cruise on?

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:58 PM
First Mate

Default Re: REMINDER: VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE FAMILY CRUISE LINE

1. Which is your favorite family cruise line? Why?

Royal Caribbean. I absolutely love their youth staff, they are so positive, upbeat, and really enjoy the kids. The kids aren't confined to the children's facilities, and those facilities are wonderful -- you often find them out on deck playing games, getting ice cream and cookies, having their photos taken or even meeting the captain. It's a wonderful surprise to find those photos in the gallery. The ships have a beautiful, classy decor, the food is above average to excellent, the staff overall are cheerful and eager to please. Activities like ice skating, rock climbing and mini golf really make it fun for a family.

2. Which is the best line for infants and toddlers?
Disney, although I haven't sailed with them I've read they have a nursery for little ones.

3. Which SHIPS are best for teens?
I vote for RCI's Explorer class of ships (we loved the Mariner of the Seas) because of the counselors, activities, and sports available. Plus the sheer size of the ship gives the teens lots of places to hang out.

4. Which line has the most engaging hands-on learning activities as part of their youth programming?

Royal Caribbean

5. Which line features the most fun and understanding youth counselors?

Royal Caribbean, they are the best for the reasons given in no. 1 above!

6. Which SHIPS have the best public facilities for families (such as outdoor waterplay areas, mini-golf, etc)/

Royal Caribbean

7. Which is the most economical/affordable line for a family of four to cruise on?

Royal Caribbean, they do a good job of refurbishing their older ships and keep the quality of the staff and food service, so they offer some excellent values.