Hi everyone! We are currently planning our first cruise for our family including 3 and 5 year old kids, and have some questions about the kids program and adventure ocean. We are taking a 7 day western caribbean cruise with RCI, on Radiance.
- is there a size minimum and maximum on the water slide?
- does the program really follow the hours listed on the web site?
-the web site says there are some dinners for kids with staff, for parent's' nights out. Do you know how many and when these are?
- we would like to dine at Portofino one night, which night would be a good one to do this? We don't want to miss lobster night!
- Has anyone used the in-cabin babysitting? How did it go? Did they send a sitter you could trust and be comfortable leaving your kids with?
How far in advance is the compass delivered, for planning purposes?
Here are some answers to your q's:
* Yes, the youth program does follow the hours listed on the web site (9 a.m. to 12 noon, etc.)
* Portofino: THis is well worth the extra money. Often there is a youth counselor in the area where you get on the ship who will be giving out youth program info as you board. Ask them which night they take the kids out to dinner so that you can book Portofino on that night. Hard to say when lobster night is, but it's rarely the first day or two of your cruise. Make a beeline to Portofino on embarkation day to make your reservation because it fills up fast!
*I've used RCI babysitting before and felt very comfortable leaving my toddler with the sitter. She got him to sleep easier and faster than we do! Very competent. Make sure you reserve the nights you want asap upon boarding with the guest relations desk.
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor