Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Passenger

Default Rough Seas

I have recently read a few reviews from cruisers recently back from Majesty of the Seas (January). It seems that they all had rough seas on the first night and many people were seasick. Anywone else? Is this typical for January or is it always like this?. I am going in March and hoping that things will be calmer.
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Rough Seas

Which are you doing:eastern or western? We have done western 2x on Enchantment and Navigator, and recently eastern on Mariner, all over New Years. I did find, and was told by a crew member, that the eastern trips tend to be rougher since there is more open water than western. The first day this last trip was pretty rough, and our first port Nassau was cold & dreary. Even sailing to the next port was rough that night (the weather was a bit unusual though). On the western, the first and last days at sea can get a bit rough too, but I think eastern was worse. They did give out seasickness medicine (I didnt need it as it doesnt bother me, though I felt it more this time since I am pregnant). Take along some medicine if youre prone to seasickness and take it after sailing just to be safe. Its best not to be holed up in a closed area too-out in the fresh air and looking at the horizon is best. Stay away from greasey food, and things that might upset your stomach. Also, I believe the lower and more central your cabin is, the less you feel the motion. Hope this helps!

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal