Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Passenger

Default Need advice, QUICKLY

I have a chance to book a cruise on the carnival celebration for June 4, 2005. If you have been on that ship I would like to know the pros and cons. We will be visiting Key West and Nassau, what is there to do there with kids ages 10 and 14? It leaves out of Jacksonville, is that an easy port to navigate in. Also I need an economical hotel near the port, any suggestions? I will be grateful for any advice as I have to make a decision in the next few days. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Luisa, Family Cruise Edit

Default Re: Need advice, QUICKLY

Key West has a number of small but interesting museums for kids -- two of them deal with shipwrecks and the other is a small aquarium. KW is easily navigated by foot. Nassau has the pirate museum right in town. Otherwise, you may want to opt for one of the beach excursions sold through the cruise line.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Chefkel

Default Re: Need advice, QUICKLY

Bakersuzie:

Sorry for the late response. Just found this particular board (for families).

Did you book the trip?

We are heading out on Celebration 4/18. We have 3 families with a total of 9 kids (between 10 years old and 16 years old). From what I have learned, there is plenty for the kids.

We did sail Carnival Sensation last spring and the kids had a blast. Supervised, scheduled activities from 9am until 10pm. Had one night that was a late night (from 10p until3:30am - they had a blast). Cost a little extra but well worth the experience.

Will check back (or email me directly). If you booked, I have hotel info in Jax.

Thanks and enjoy.

Chefkel22