Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Eve

Default kids on cruises

How are the Kids Programs on the cruises? Specifically Enchantment of Sea Ship, I have a vacation in August 2005, very excited for our first Cruise. However I'm wondering how much activities wil be available for my 8 year old son.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to My_chemical_romance27
Default Re: kids on cruises

we were on the radiance of the seas..and our kids loved the program so much they didnt want to come out and spend time with the rest of the family...
Old February 21st, 2005, 02:39 PM
Luisa, Family Cruise Edit

Royal Caribbean has an excellent youth program so there will be plenty for your child to do. Also that ship is being refurbished so there's new fun "bells and Whistles" like a whole big outdoor waterplay area. SHould be great fun!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:57 PM
Tiffani

I have to agree that Royal Caribbean has one of the best if not the best kids program out there. We have been on the Navigator and will be leaving on the Voyager on the 12th of March. I will never cruise any other line - the childrens activities are awesome. They could not wait to go to ship school- they made many friends and think of their cruise as the best vacation ever. I love that I feel comfortable leaving my children with them- and we can have some adult time- but we can also do family activities. I would rank RCCL adventure ocean as the best out there.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Eve

Thanks for the info ! We're all looking forward to it!!!
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:24 AM
Passenger

Tiffani, I was wondering how old your kids are. My boys will be 10 and this is our first cruise. They aren't real "joiners" but I was hoping that they'd like the kids programs and want to take part. We've done the all inclusive but found that the kids programs at the one we went to was geared to little ones and more of a babysitting service. They also lacked whole family events too. We had a great time anyway but we're looking forward to a nice combo of down time and together time. Any info would be appreciated. I'll be waiting to read your trip report on VOS.
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Tiffani

Default Re: Re: kids on cruises

MC- My children are 4 and 7. Anything your children like will be on there. My son loves the computers and nintendo games in the kids club. They Voyager is suppose to have a submarine with nothing but computers in it- and a bigger Nintendo area- I will let you know if that is true. Your children will be in the group ahead of my son- but if their curriculum is anything like the others- they should love it. Also, the Voyager has a kids pool area with water slide. I will give a full report when I get back. Yeah, only one week to go!!!
Tiff