Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:48 PM
crazymom

Default The pull down beds

I have not seen a picture of the rooms on any site that shows what the pull down beds look like (Fantasy) does anyone know what they look like, how they pull out ect.....?
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: The pull down beds

My family sailed twice on Fantasy Class ships (Elation and Inspiration); both times in oceanview quads. They are a good size and have a small railing. Your room steward will make them up while you are at dinner and then put them back into the wall in the morning. My boys were 11 and 13, and 13 and 15 when we sailed and they were quite comfortable in them.
Old March 19th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to My_chemical_romance27

Dont worry about the pull down beds..it held my two big boys 19,18...they had no problem in them at all...and yes as cali said..they pull them down while your at dinner and they put them away so they are not in the way during the day...i was concered about them too ...its not like the rooms are that big to begin with ...but it worked out perfectly..have a great time...wish we were there with you...
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:04 AM
crazymom

Thank you both very much, I just can't wait to go!!!!!
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:48 PM
julycruiser

quick question, did you get 4 rooms keys? We were going to take our teens with us and didnt want to have to rely only on having 2 keys....I know it may be a stupid question, but I didnt know if we needed to book 2 rooms or just the one..
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:59 PM
cali-croozer

Everyone, at check-in, will get a sail and sign card, which will be their room key and on- board charge card. Tip.......you don't have to activate your teen's card; almost everything on board is included, so, my opinion is they don't need to have an activated charge card. I buy them a soda card and a t-shirt from the gift shop. They bring their own $ if they want to play in the arcade.....which they've always been too busy to spend any time in there anyway. Sorry, if I went off topic.

About the 2 rooms.......that's up to you. We sailed in one oceanview room with 2 fold-down beds twice with our boys, when they were 11 and 13 and 13 and 15. Sure, it's a little crowded, especially getting ready for formal night, but it was do-able and the price was right. On our upcoming cruise, we decided to try 2 inside rooms on the Riviera deck, side by side. It was just a little more expensive than having the one oceanview room. I'm sure we will miss the window, but am looking forward to that extra bathroom. If you decide to go with 2 rooms, see the purser when you board, so you can get an extra key for your kids room for your use.
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:08 PM
julycruiser

THANKS!! I appreciate your thoughts and input. We only went on the one cruise before and I have to tell ya, I have got the itch bad to do another. DH only wants to go next year and not this summer but I dont know if I can hold out that long......Let me know how your cruise goes...
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:57 PM
cali-croozer

Julycruiser..........I will post when I get back. It's funny, my friend couldn't believe I've booked the "bottom of the ship" ..........I needed to save money, didn't want to take chances on a guarantee, and, we don't spend much time in the room anyway. I figure the exercise (taking the stairs) will be good for us!
Old March 21st, 2005, 06:42 PM
Julycruiser

Cali--You wont regret it. No you dont spend much time in your room, we are going to have to book at the bottom also because it can get a little pricey when you take everyone. Yes, the stairs will be good for you with all the good food they have. I look forward to your post cruise post...lol... and hope you have a great time!!!!
Old March 21st, 2005, 06:56 PM
Julycruiser

by the way, crazymom....HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!