Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Passenger

Default Newly potty trained

We are traveling on Rhapsody May 8th. My son is 3, not potty trained yet, but I hope he will be by the time we go. But, I had a few questions. Do the counselors assist the younger kids at all if they need to go to the bathroom? A child can be potty trained, but might still need assistance in the bathroom. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Newly potty trained

i belive they will beep you to come help your child.
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Luisa, Family Cruise Edit

Default Re: Newly potty trained

I'll be in the same situation next month w/my 3 yo.. I am going to ask the counselors if they can give us a beeper (most lines have them) so in case he moves his bowels, they can beep us to come help him. In the meantime, I'm going to start to have him try it out himself! (THanks for reminding me.)
smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 30th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Newly potty trained

I think we'd have time to get to him if it was a bowel movement, but if he had to pee I doubt he'd be able to hold it while they beeped us. I don't know if he'll be that ready, I'm just hoping that we can get into Aquatots and give him some type of playtime. I've heard that they don't allow kids in that area, even with parents, unless they are potty trained. It seems there should be something that they can do if they're not part of the program. My son is not in daycare and only occasionally goes to nursery at church, so I doubt we'd want to leave him too long at a time. We want him with us, but it would be nice if he can do something fun that is appropriate for his age.

Also, I've heard people mention bringing a baby pool on board with them. Where do they get the water , and what do they do with the water when they're finished? Put it back in the regular pool? Doesn't that defeat the purpose. My son hasn't really been exposed to swimming much yet, so I don't know how much we'd want him actually in the water, but it would be nice if he was able to go.

Thanks for your advice.

Suze