Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2005, 11:38 PM
MelissaChicago

Default Cost for infant (12 months) on RCCL

What is the charge for an infant on RCCL. Stupidly I listed to a friend who said it was no charge under 2 and I just had to call and let them know there would be an infant. I am traveling in two weeks and just started checking out the online info today and see that there are charges. RCCL is already closed and I'm really in need of this info asap if anyone is out there.

We have our cruise booked and we are leaving on April 11th and expecting to bring our little one.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2005, 02:40 AM
pg

Default Re: Cost for infant (12 months) on RCCL

Melissa, I don't know exactly what the cruisecharges will be , but , the port charges are per head and will not vary at all with age. That can be any where from 200 to 300 dollars for a week long cruise. some cruise lines will occ. not charge to babies under 6 months, or have sales on etc, kids go free, but that is not the rule.

I hope you don't have to pay much. Next time don't just listen to a " friend" when spending hundreds to thousands of dollars, do lots of research yourself, or better yet, until you know the ins and outs of cruising it is helpful to use a Travel agent.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you, plus, post a review, we 'd love to know how it goes.
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Melissa:

Does your travel agent know you were bringing your infant? If so, he or she should already be listed on your travel documents. If not, you need to let them know right away. Even if there is no charge, your child must be on the manifest.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Voges

Unfortunately there is a charge for an infant on RCCL as I just booked a cruise on Serenade of the Seas for our family including an infant and we were charged the rate that is listed in the cruise book as "3rd/4th person". For our cruise, this worked out to be approx $900. We were told at the time of booking the trip that they have to account for every person on the ship (even infants) and that every person pays, no matter the age (our baby will be 6 months old at the time of the trip.). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news/sticker shock!
Old March 28th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Luisa

NCL is one of the few lines that doesn't charge for kids under 2 years.
Best,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:38 PM
MelissaChicago

Thanks to everyone for your info. I got everything squared away and Carleigh is all set to travel with us. I found it interesting that the 3rd person rate was only $30 less than what my husband I paid, but oh well can't really leave her at home when grandma and grandpa are coming too.

Thanks again! Lesson Learned!
Melissa
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Most 3rd/4th person rates are MUCH lower. On our upcoming cruise on the Miracle, my son's fare as a 3rd person is over $600 lower than the fare for the 1st 2 people. I suspect your fare is so high because you "booked" your baby at the last minute.

Have a great cruise!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 30th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Familycruiser, I get those rates from a good TA!

And yes, I suspect you pay the higher rates because you cruise during the school vacation breaks. We ONLY cruise during the the cheaper months, so always have managed to get excellent deals on the 3rd/4th person rates.

The group cruise I am planning for October, 2006 has some astoundingly low 3rd/4th person rates. If you find a good TA and are able to cruise sometime other than during spring, summer or winter break you can find the great deals.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 30th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

If you check around you can get good rates during the summer too. I just booked a four day to Cozumel for the last week in August. Total cruise for four (all of us in a 4A guaranty) including port fees and taxes was $1,079.00.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:12 AM
Admiral

That *is* a good rate, Darcy, but around here the end of August wouldn't be "summer" because kids start back to school mid-August. Grrrr......

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04