Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
Yeoman

Default Is Millennium kid friendly?

Just booked a cruise on Millennium on April '06. Bringing 3 kids ages 13, 12 & 9.
We are doing 7 nights in Southern Caribbean, during spring break.
How is the kids programs? Is this ship really kid friendly or should we look elsewhere? Please share your experiences, thanks......

Mariner of the Seas (July 2006)
Mariner of the Seas (April 2007)

Freedom of the Seas (July 2007)
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Is Millennium kid friendly?

I have a friend who has sailed w/kids on Celebrity and they liked it. I haven't sailed w/Celebrity in many, many years since they don't care to market themselves to families. As you probably know, their youth program is seasonal and thus offered only when there are enough kids on board. YOu may want to confirm that the y outh program will be offered on your cruise.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
BMK

We were on the Constellation last April, same class of ship as the Millie, and had a fantastic time. I have two girls who were 10 and 5 at the time. They both enjoyed the kids club program, I will say my 5 year had a better time in the club then my older daughter. They both made friends and there were lots of activites some that included families like bingo and disco night. Celebrity for us is a great choice, althiugh we are going to Alaska on Princess this summer. Hope we like it as much. You will all have a fabulous time!!

Brigitte
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Emilka

The Millennium is my favorite cruise ship of all time! My family went on it when I was 16, and I had a blast hanging out in the pool-sized hot tub and disco (even though I had to sneak in since I wasn't 18). There were a lot of programs for kids as well, such as deck parties for teens at night, and sports and games for younger kids. My brother, who was 12 at the time had a great time as well, and spent a lot of time with the kids club, or hanging out in the music library. There were a lot of kids on board as well, and my brother and I met a lot of friends, some of which we still keep in touch with.

Even though the kids programs on Celebrity are generally not as good as those on Royal Caribbean (my family's favorite cruise line), they are still good, and the Millennium is so beautiful that it definitely makes up for it

If you have any other questions about the ship, just let me know: dakinemi@shu.edu

-Em
Old June 7th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Yeoman

Thanks for the info. We changed our ship to the Carnival Miracle. Just too worried I guess, we didn't want the kids getting bored. Gave up a nice room on the millie though. We'll have to check into it next time.

Old June 7th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Admiral

mom - just so you know, going from Celebrity to Carnival is taking a step or two backwards, imo -- Celebrity is considered to be at the premium end of the mass-market cruise lines. They have done alot over the past couple of years to greatly improve the kids programs and to attract more families with school-aged children. You stated that you gave up a great cabin on the Millennium for something lesser on Carnival? WHY ?
Truly your worries are unfounded. Celebrity and the Millennium are top-notch.
If you had your heart set on Celebrity could you cancel your Miracle booking and re-book on the Millennium???
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Yeoman

LisaK.......No can not cancel, its paid in full now. But this great news for a trip next year. We did have a nice family suite (back corner). Now on Miracle, we did 2 rooms.
We knew it was a bid step back, yet, we did it cause we knew very little on the kids programs. After a lot of great news on this, we will certianly try them another time.
Thanks again!

Old June 8th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Admiral

have a great time on the Miracle!!