CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Family Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/)
-   -   NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/277828-ncl-kids-crew-grouping-age.html)

Water2Moon May 14th, 2005 09:43 PM

NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

This is our first cruise ever and both of my daughters are looking forward to the Kids Crew Program. I just noticed thought that my 10 year old would be seperated from her 8 year old sister. Do you think they would let my 10 year old into the younger age group with her sister? I really don't want them to be apart. Thank you for any help.

starbelliedsneetch May 15th, 2005 11:57 AM

Re: NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

We're in the same boat, so to speak. We will be sailing on Carnival's Elation in 3 weeks (June 5, 2005) and our boys are 5 (turning 6 in July) and 7. They are very close and the 5-year old is going into First Grade. It would be a shame for them to put him with the toddlers and preschoolers (2-5). My Carnival agent told me there is some flexibility, so we should just request he be placed in the 6-8 camp w/ his brother.

cali-croozer May 15th, 2005 05:10 PM

I don't know about NCL, but Carnival is very strict with their age groups. You can ask, but, when we sailed the Elation, there were no exceptions. My kids were older and it actually worked out for them. They both met friends their own age.

Star........go ahead and ask; some posters have said they won't bump up, but might move down------that would mean your older son would have to move down. If they won't budge, put on a positive face in front of the kids, even though you will be disappointed. And remember, there will be other "almost 6's" in with your 5 year old. The older kids in the age group tend to make friends and they'll have a great time. It also gives your older son a chance to be with the older kids and make his own friends. Either way, whatever happens, be positive and it will work out. The counselors are great and make sure everyone has a good time. Have a GREAT cruise!

Luisa May 16th, 2005 09:15 AM

Yes I agree with Cali Croozer. You can ask about having your kids together but don't go on the cruise expecting it. Most youth counselors don't bend teh rules on this one...
Good luck!
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor

Water2Moon May 16th, 2005 02:40 PM

Re: Re: NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

Thanks StarBellied, I hope that your TA is right. I'm a little worried from what i am reading here but I guess it won't be the end of the world if they are seperated. I know my oldest wouldbe fine I just worry about my 7 year old..

cali-croozer May 16th, 2005 04:49 PM

Water2Moon........try not to worry if the age groups are enforced. Your 7 year old will meet kids her age and have a great time. It also gives your 10 year old a chance to hang out with the older kids. If they move your 10 year old down, she may be bored with the activities. Everything will work out. Have a great cruise!

Water2Moon May 16th, 2005 07:13 PM

Re: Re: NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

Thanks Cali, I feel a little better now..