Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Water2Moon

Default NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

This is our first cruise ever and both of my daughters are looking forward to the Kids Crew Program. I just noticed thought that my 10 year old would be seperated from her 8 year old sister. Do you think they would let my 10 year old into the younger age group with her sister? I really don't want them to be apart. Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Beginner

Default Re: NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

We're in the same boat, so to speak. We will be sailing on Carnival's Elation in 3 weeks (June 5, 2005) and our boys are 5 (turning 6 in July) and 7. They are very close and the 5-year old is going into First Grade. It would be a shame for them to put him with the toddlers and preschoolers (2-5). My Carnival agent told me there is some flexibility, so we should just request he be placed in the 6-8 camp w/ his brother.
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:10 PM
cali-croozer

I don't know about NCL, but Carnival is very strict with their age groups. You can ask, but, when we sailed the Elation, there were no exceptions. My kids were older and it actually worked out for them. They both met friends their own age.

Star........go ahead and ask; some posters have said they won't bump up, but might move down------that would mean your older son would have to move down. If they won't budge, put on a positive face in front of the kids, even though you will be disappointed. And remember, there will be other "almost 6's" in with your 5 year old. The older kids in the age group tend to make friends and they'll have a great time. It also gives your older son a chance to be with the older kids and make his own friends. Either way, whatever happens, be positive and it will work out. The counselors are great and make sure everyone has a good time. Have a GREAT cruise!
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Luisa

Yes I agree with Cali Croozer. You can ask about having your kids together but don't go on the cruise expecting it. Most youth counselors don't bend teh rules on this one...
Good luck!
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Water2Moon

Default Re: Re: NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

Thanks StarBellied, I hope that your TA is right. I'm a little worried from what i am reading here but I guess it won't be the end of the world if they are seperated. I know my oldest wouldbe fine I just worry about my 7 year old..
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:49 PM
cali-croozer

Water2Moon........try not to worry if the age groups are enforced. Your 7 year old will meet kids her age and have a great time. It also gives your 10 year old a chance to hang out with the older kids. If they move your 10 year old down, she may be bored with the activities. Everything will work out. Have a great cruise!
Old May 16th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Water2Moon

Default Re: Re: NCL Kids Crew.grouping by age

Thanks Cali, I feel a little better now..