Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2005, 02:05 PM
AML

Default cruising on NCL Dawn with 2 year old

Oh I hope we aren't crazy! We are taking our two year old on a cruise with us. We just booked our first cruise on the Norwegion Dawn to leave out of NY on Nov. 10 to St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Maarten, San Juan and Great Stirrup Cay. Anybody been to these places that can tell us fun things to do with a two year old. He turns two on Nov. 3. He is VERY easy going and we are quite adventuresome.
Also, if he isn't potty-trained by that time will he not be able to swim in the pools?
Thanks in advance for all your help!
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Luisa

Default Re: cruising on NCL Dawn with 2 year old

My son is three years old and has been on six cruises so I totally feel you're not crazy for bringing your toddler. Ships are great in that if a little one needs to go to bed early, one parent can stay in the room with them and the other can go out still to see a show, etc. The Dawn has great outdoor water play facilities for kids -- we were on its sister ship in Hawaii when my son was 1-1/2 and he loved that area.

Why don't you read my article, "Back to the Beach" for ideas on what beaches you can go to independently with your family. I feel catching a cab to a beach is the best option for little ones rather than formal shore excursions.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor