CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Family Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/)
-   -   rollaway bed in two bed room for third kid?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/277847-rollaway-bed-two-bed-room-third-kid.html)

KP July 2nd, 2005 10:00 PM

rollaway bed in two bed room for third kid??

we are going in a few weeks on the victory. it is a family cruise and we have booked one of the cabins that sleeps two. it has two single beds both lowers and they sit in the cabin in an L shape into the corner, one on each wall. now we booked a third kid age 5, in this cabin. when we booked this, they said there were no rooms for three on this deck in the area we wanted. in order to keep everyone together, we took this. they said they will bring a rollaway bed everynight and place i in the cabin for the third kid.

there is one adult and one kid already in this room in the regular beds. i already checked and the victory does not have the new fire code law aabout no rollaway beds in the rooms , so we are ok on this. we have talked to the cruiseline two times via the ta and they know there is third person in the room and everything is fine. my question is.m has anyone every experienced this situation? is there room for this rollaway bed. it looks like in the picture there is plenty of room with the way the other two beds are fitted into the corner in the L shape. this is an inside room. like i said before in order to keep everyone together and for my husband to have a balcony cabin we had to take this area of the ship on this deck. thanks for your help.also, are these rollaway beds comfortable.? ,

alison1170 July 3rd, 2005 09:15 AM

Re: rollaway bed in two bed room for third kid??

Instead of a rollaway, have you seen the ready beds (available at Target, Toys R Us...)? They are inflatable sleeping bags and come in a variety of characters. The pillow is built in and it comes in its own carry bag which my son is able to carry. We use one for our 3.5 when we cruise (used one the last two years on board) and he slept well in it. During the day, we just stand it up against the wall so its out of the way. Its sort of a pain to inflate (has a manual pump that often makes a funny noise) so we dont do it daily.

alison

rhonda dean July 3rd, 2005 10:13 PM

Re: Re: rollaway bed in two bed room for third kid??

At home for extra space, we bought a camp cot, and it is canvas and light weight metal, and it folds up like a lawn chair, and you don't have to inflate:) and doesn't lose air.

Rhonda

Luisa July 5th, 2005 01:30 PM

Re: rollaway bed in two bed room for third kid??

Luckily you will not be in your cabin very much -- mainly sleeping!
Smooh sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor