Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:22 PM
DevShelby

Default Right age group for Camp Carnival

Hi all, have a question I hope someone can help with. We are taking our kids on our cruise in August and am wondering which age group to put our 5 year old son in. He is very shy, but extremely active. I am afraid that the 2-5 year old group will not hold his interest, but at the same time that the 6-8 year old group will be too old for him. His 7 year old sister will easily fit in her age group as she is out going and gets along easily with other children. Would it be better to keep the kids together, hoping that he will feel more at ease with his sister near by or not?

Thanks for your help!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Right age group for Camp Carnival

Actually, it is my understanding Carnival won't let you choose. Your child will be in the age group for their correct age.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 21st, 2005, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

A lot depends on when you sail. If its during a busy time of year they won't let you change. If your cruising when there aren't many kids on board they're more accomodating.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:34 AM
Admiral

you don't have a choice as to which group to put your son in. It goes by age. They are strict about it and since your are cruising during busy season, flexibility basically goes out the window.
Old July 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Passenger

My son turned 6 last year during our cruise. He went with the 2-5 and loved being the big kid. They did lots of art and he loves that. We are sailing Dec 31 this year and my daughter will be just under the right age for the 6-8 group. I called Carnival and they said that that should not be a problem and she could go in with her brother in the 6-8 group.
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM
Devonshelby

Thank you to everyone for your help and advice!! It really was great to get so much info so quickly!!!!

Thanks again!!!
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
cali-croozer

goingw/kids.....I know Carnival said your daughter can move up, but the counselors on the ship have the final say and some won't budge. I hope this works out for you, but just keep in mind that your daughter might not be able to be with her brother.

devonshelby.....a lot of parents have stress about this subject, but, somehow it usually works out. The counselors are great and have activites for all ages within the group. In the 2-5 year group, your son will hang out with the "older" kids and they'll have a great time.
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Passenger

Carnival said that it "should" not be a problem. We would rather our children stay with us so either way will be fine.
Old July 25th, 2005, 03:43 PM
cali-croozer

Goingw/kids...........have a great cruise. Whatever happens with the age groups, things will probably work out just fine for your family. The counselors are great with each age group and you'll have a lot of opportunity for family time too.