Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Passenger

Default ships that allow babies to play in wading pool?

Hi, I just posted by accident on another board, about cruising Carnival, and specifically about ships with wading pools. Are there any ships with wading pools that allow toddlers with swim diapers to use them? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2005, 12:25 AM
mytwomoms

Default Re: ships that allow babies to play in wading pool?

Why not just potty train your child. Don't have to worry about swim diapers!
Old July 28th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I don't beleive that any allow it. I did see one family that brought a small blow up pool for their child's use. They got a bucket of water from one of the crew to fill it.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old August 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
Luisa

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Disney ships allow kids in diapers in the "ears" part of the Mickey Mouse wading pool. According to my sources, there is a separate filtration system in the ears so that if there's a diaper accident, they don't have to empty the entire pool to clean it. OTherwise all the other cruise lines do post signs by the pools that diapers are not allowed in the pool due to sanitation reasons. My readers have said they bring a mini blow up pool and fill it with water for their babies.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old August 3rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
Sonia K.

Yes, Carnival Spirit has a small "baby pool" on the top deck of the ship. It is separate from the other pools.
Old August 6th, 2005, 10:24 PM
cjbg

I spoke with someone at Carnival this afternoon and asked this very question. At least according to her, on EVERY ship there is a small family play area that includes a wading or splash-type pool that kiddos in swim diapers (that is, not potty trained) can use; they can't use any of the others. I suppose to be safe you'd want to verify this for yourself on the particular ship you are interested in.

Carolyn
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Passenger

Hello,
As far as I know ONLY Disney cruses have pools you can bring baby w/swim diapers.
Carnival does not allow swim diapers (health reasons). You can double check with Carnival because I see a post on here that says they were told they can, but I have been on 15 Carnival cruises and havent found a ship that allows Swim Diapers yet. Now some times you can sneak them in pool and people will not say anything but why break the rules. Again, please call Carnival and double check rules change all the time. I would either go on Disney or bring a blow up pool for child.
Either way,
Have a blast!
Georgene

Old August 11th, 2005, 09:54 PM
cjbg

I was told directly by a Carnival person (who double checked it with someone else, too) that the one little pool in the family area WAS open to babies with swim diapers. If that winds up not being true (and we go on Carnival) I'll be mighty upset.
Old August 12th, 2005, 06:03 AM
A Mother that knows

We have been on Victory and Triumph 7 times in the last 3 yrs. The latest this past July 7th of this year. And no wading pools are on these 2 ships for babies use
Old August 12th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: ships that allow babies to play in wading pool?

Carolyn,
Please call back and check with Carnival and if it is true ask which ships, and please email me because I just called again and they told me NO Carnival ships allow babies that are not toilet trained!

Good Luck,
Georgene

Old August 12th, 2005, 02:46 PM
cali-croozer

Carolyn..................it states right on Carnival's website that swim diapers are not allowed in any of the pools:Use of the Pools:

Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.
Lifeguards are not on duty.
Use of the pools by guests under 13 without adult supervision is prohibited.

Unfortunately, when you call up Carnival, you get conflicting information. It's also very common when parents ask about moving their child up or down in Camp Carnival. In that case, it's up to the counselors on the ship and they are usually strict about it.
Old August 12th, 2005, 04:21 PM
cjbg

Georgene,
I have emailed you.

Anyone else,
I'm not sure about the advisability of putting the contact name and number of the person from Carnival who gave me this information right here on the forum, but I could email it to an individual if you want. Email me, as I may not see a response on this forum very quickly.

Carolyn
Old August 18th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Sonia K.

On our ship the Carnival Spirit there WAS a pool specifically for babies wearing swim diapers. This pool is about the size of a large standard size blow up pool and shallow. This pool was separate from the other pools (which pohibited babies with diapers). The Carnival Spirit is a newer ship, this may be a new feature. When you ask Carnival about this ask them how many pools do you have on board, are any of them small shallow wading type pools, I think then you will get your answer. Or you can ask if that particular ship has the same "wading pool" as the Carnival Spirit has. I hope this helps . Sonia