Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:15 PM
cjbg

Default Carnival vs. Disney?

Hello,

We are thinking to go on a cruise next spring (during our 7-yr-old's spring break). We have a 7year old boy and a 2 year old boy with Down Syndrome.

We seem to have narrowed down our choices to Disney (Magic) and Carnival (not sure which ship yet). I've heard on a DS list that there is a wading pool on the Disney ships that allows swim diapers (non potty trained kids), and someone at Carnival told me that all their ships have one small pools allowing the same. This would be very good for the younger guy, since chances are he won't be potty trained anytime soon. He may not be walking by that point, for that matter.

Carnival's kid clubs go down to 2 and they *don't* have to be potty trained for that either, and the person at Carnival told me that their counselors have experience dealing with kids with special needs. On Disney we'd have the 2-yr-old with us all the time (except a few times in their on-board reserve-ahead nursery for a charge).

The Disney cruise that week is E. Carib; there are about 12 Carnival to choose from, but the actual ports aren't as important on this particular trip; in fact, we'd prefer not too many ports where we have an actual interest in seeing alot at the port.

So, does anyone have any experience with either or both lines that could help us decide between them?

Many thanks,
Carolyn
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:25 PM
cjbg

Default Re: Carnival vs. Disney?

oops sorry for posting this twice -- computer hiccup
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival vs. Disney?

My choice is Carnival hands down. Not sure about swimming pools for the little one though. Some people bring a very small blow up pool for their little ones so no problems occur. Carnival has newer ships and better food, but that is just my opinion after 15 Carnival cruises. 1 Disney, 3 NCL, and 3 RCCL.
What ever you choose have a wonderful cruise!